Keep Cool This Summer with These Cool Tricks from Bruni & Campisi
1) Replacing your old air conditioner with a new high efficiency AC system could save you a lot on your energy bill. You could receive up to $3800 in rebates and incentives to help you afford it too. Click here to see the rebates offered by conEdison and NYSERDA (NY State Energy, Research and Development Authority).
2) A well maintained air conditioner is a more efficient one and a more efficient air conditioner is less expensive to run. Have someone check your AC prior to starting it up in the summer for broken or worn out parts and refrigerant leaks. Contact us today to schedule a tune up before the hot weather hits.
3) Programmable thermostats are a great way to reduce your energy bill. You can program them to run your air conditioner only during times you are home and some now let you access them through the internet allowing you to control your HVAC system while away.
4) Install blinds or drapes in your windows to block the sun. Closing the blinds in east facing windows in the morning and west facing windows in the evening will keep your home cooler.
5) Replacing your filters regularly not only improves the quality of your home’s air but also improves the efficiency of your air conditioner. Dirty or clogged filters can restrict airflow which makes your air conditioning system work harder.
6) Run ceiling fans during the summer to circulate cool air. Not only will it get cool air to different parts of your home but the breeze will have the effect of a wind chill.
7) Avoid placing lamps or electronics near your thermostat. The extra heat they create can trick your thermostat into thinking the whole house is warmer than it really is. This will unnecessarily keep your air conditioning running longer than it should.