Cooling season is right around the corner in Greenwich and Stamford, and if you’re like most Connecticut residents, you’re looking for ways to save money on your energy costs this summer. Preventive air conditioning service on your system this spring by a qualified Greenwich air conditioning repair technician will benefit you in four major ways:
- Lower your utility costs by ensuring your air conditioner operates efficiently.
- Lower your carbon footprint by reducing the amount of energy required to operate your system.
- Extend the life of your system.
- Prevent midsummer breakdowns and common problems that require expensive air conditioning service.
Preventive Air Conditioning Maintenance
Preventive maintenance before you need your air conditioner is essential for ensuring your system works efficiently from the start. An annual tune-up will include these key points:
- Lubricate the motor to prevent friction.
- Test the system controls to ensure it cycles correctly.
- Record the operating pressures and temperatures.
- Check the start and run capacitors for damage.
- Measure the refrigerant in your system and check for leaks.
- Clean the condensate drain to ensure it doesn’t overflow during periods of high humidity.
- Tighten electrical connections and inspect for corroded wires and terminals.
- Tighten belts.
- Test the temperature drop and adjust the blower.
- Clean and adjust the thermostat for optimum accuracy.
- Measure the voltage and amperage on the motor.
- Clean the outdoor condenser coil and change your air filter.
Ensure Your Air Conditioner Runs Smoothly Through the Summer
There are several tasks you can perform over the course of the cooling season to ensure your air conditioner continues to work efficiently all summer long:
- Check your air conditioner’s air filter every month and when you can no longer see through it, replace it with a new one. Your air filter prevents dust from building up inside your system and damaging essential components. A quality air filter will also considerably improve your indoor air quality.
- Keep the area around your indoor unit free of dust and remove obstructions that may make access difficult for a Stamford air conditioning repair service technician in the event repair is needed.
- Wash your outdoor condensing unit every month with a hose to remove dirt and debris that has become trapped in the fins. Keep plant growth away from the unit and make sure there are no obstructions that can hamper the flow of air and reduce your system’s efficiency.
Contact Bruni & Campisi for Your Air Conditioning Services
Bruni & Campisi has been providing air conditioning services to Stamford, Greenwich and Westchester for over 30 years, and offers dependable and quality service, with 24/7 emergency service response. Call us today or fill out a contact form to book your appointment.