What to Know When Buying a New AC
Buying an air conditioner is essential for parts of the world where heat and humidity is high and unbearable. Air conditioner comes in various shapes and sizes, and their efficiency is determined by the ability to cool an area. Here are tips for buying a new air conditioner.
- Decide on the air conditioner unit size and shape. Choose between wall mounted or window mounted as per the requirement and purpose.
- Take into account the area the air conditioner would cover. The greater the BTU (British Thermal Units), the greater the cooling capacity.
- Pick an air conditioner that does not overcool the room. On the other hand, it should not be an air conditioner that barely cools the house.
- Check the noise level of the air conditioner. Window mounted air conditioners are a bit noisy compared to wall mounted air conditioners.
- Check for proper grill design in an air conditioner to direct the cool air up and down, right and left.
- Look for a model which has inbuilt filters to purify air allergens and dust particles.
- Choose a model which has a dehumidifier. This will help reduce moisture in the room.
- Look for a model that has a built-in timer to switch the unit on or off on schedule.
Call Bruni & Campisi – Air Conditioning Repair Contractor
For air conditioning maintenance, call Bruni & Campisi. They have licensed service technicians who are knowledgeable and experienced to perform maintenance.
Services provided in Westchester County and Yonkers in New York, and Connecticut including Greenwich and Stamford.