When a hot water heater doesn’t work, especially during winter, it is frustrating. There can be many things wrong, including:
- Needs repairing.
- Needs to replace certain elements.
- Require changing of controls.
The traditional line voltage control water heater with 120, 208 and 240 volts of electricity can be repaired or parts replaced. However, the new microprocessor types might be difficult to repair and require a complete new unit.
Some things to keep in mind while performing any kind of self-servicing:
- Use the wiring diagram supplied with or affixed to your water heater. If you are unable to locate a wiring diagram or are unaware of the wiring system, then contact your water heater’s manufacturer.
- Become familiar with the operation of your multi-meter before undertaking any servicing project. Different meters allow measurement of voltage and resistance differently.
- Switch off power before you start checking the control system.
- Do not hesitate to call a professional contractor.
Call Bruni & Campisi for Water Heater Repair
If your hot water heater is not working, then contact Bruni & Campisi. We are at your service. Our fully stocked fleet of radio dispatched service trucks are ready 24/7 for heating, plumbing and air conditioning repair.
If you live in Westchester County, NY, Greenwich or Stamford in CT, and you need the assistance of a heating contractor, call Bruni & Campisi at 914.269.6760 (NY) and 203.413.5533 (CT).
In order to maintain your heater we can provide an annual maintenance plan. Regular maintenance can help you take corrective measures for any problem that may arise.