Checklists help in ensuring that all important things are achieved. Air conditioning maintenance is a recurrently carried out task. Having a checklist will help in ensuring that the maintenance is done in a correct and appropriate manner. The following slide shows checklists as discussed by air conditioning contractors at Bruni & Campisi. To know more, call at 914.269.6760 (NY) and 203.413.5533 (CT) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Air conditioning maintenance is extremely important. If you want your air conditioning at its best performance, then regularly check and clean your air conditioning. Maintaining your air conditioning will prevent future problems and unwanted costs.
When performing maintenance on an air conditioning system there are five important things to check:
- Check the filters and indoor coil: Remove the air filters and clean them. Spray the filters on both sides with a kitchen antiseptic spray and then rinse with warm water. Remove dust built up on the filters.
- Check and clean the coil and air outlets on the outdoor unit: Remove obstructions around the outdoor unit to improve air flow. Wipe down the air outlet on the front of the system. Check that you get good air flow through the system and that the coil is free of obstructions.
- 3.Check for good air flow from both indoor and outdoor units: Ensure you have plenty of airflow from the indoor unit. Poor airflow is a good indicator of a blocked coil or failing fan motor. If your air conditioner is struggling to output a reasonable amount of air, then it may be time to schedule a professional service.
- Check for signs of rust or corrosion: If your air conditioner is starting to rust or show signs of corrosion, then consider fixing it immediately. Minor rust caused from scratches can simply be painted over with a waterproof steel paint. Major rust or corrosion will require a professional to service the equipment.
- Check your system on both cooling and heating modes: Check your system on both cooling and heating modes. If your air conditioner fails to switch between the two different modes, then it is usually a good indicator of a fault with the reversing valve which will require repair by a professional.
Air Conditioning Maintenance Company
Westchester County, Yonkers, New York, Stamford and Greenwich, Connecticut
Bruni & Campisi is a licensed, insured and certified air conditioning contractor. We have been serving in this area since 1979. Our trustworthy and highly experienced technicians will work diligently to meet your needs. While performing maintenance service,our technicians makes sure to follow air conditioning maintenance checklists. We have a fully stocked fleet of radio dispatched service trucks ready 24/7 at your service. Call 914.269.6760 (NY) and 203.413.5533 (CT).
The average household spends more than $2,500 a year on energy bills; $1,100 of that goes to heating and $1,400 goes toward keeping the home cool. This is a good amount of money, and if you are spending so much it is worth taking measures to get the most out of the air conditioning system.
Get the most out of your air conditioning system:
- Get a programmable thermostat: A programmable thermostat can save up to 15 percent on your cooling costs because the system activates only when needed. Every degree below 78 degrees raises your energy bill by 3 to 4 percent.
- Regular maintenance: Check your HVAC filter regularly. During summer, the filter will likely need to be washed or replaced at-least once a month. Clean the evaporator coils annually, straightening any bent ones.
- Shut some vents: Shut the vents in rarely used rooms so you’re not cooling them unnecessarily.
- Maintain your furnace: Central air uses the same blower and air ducts, so have annual service checks to make sure it’s running at its finest efficiency.
- Get air conditioner service every year: Air conditioners lose about 5 percent of their efficiency every year if you don’t have them serviced.
- Keep cool air in, hot air out: Prevent leakage of cool air by sealing around the HVAC unit and ducts, seams and connections. Wrap the ducts in insulation. If the ducts pass through an attic space, consider insulating that too.
- Close your windows and drapes during the day to exclude the hot air: Avoid opening windows and drapes during the day. Install interior or exterior blinds, shutters, shades or awnings, particularly on south-facing or west-facing windows.
Best Home Air Conditioning Service and Repair
Westchester County and Yonkers NY
Bruni & Campisi Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning is a licensed and certified air conditioning service and repair company. We have more than 35 years of experiences. We provide all kinds of air conditioning installation, repair and maintenance services for both residential and commercial purposes. Our professionals are available 24 hours a day. Call us today for air conditioning repair or maintenance at 914.269.6760 (NY) and 203.413.5533 (CT).
We also provide our service in Stamford and Greenwich, Connecticut.
When an air conditioner does not function properly, we tend to think of repairing it.Repairing may seem to be the most affordable solution, but it might not be the best choice because eventually repairing costs can be more than replacing it. You need to replace your air conditioner when you see one or more of the signs mentioned below:
- Repairing cost nearing 50% of the air conditioner value: When the cost of repairs approaches 50% of the value of your heating or cooling system, it is generally time to replace the system.
- 12 years running: Many tend to think that air conditioning can run for decades and the manufacturer promises so. However, most air conditioners are not designed to last more than roughly 10 years. So, if your air conditioner is aging,better replace it.Replacing an aging and worn out air conditioner can actually have a number of benefits including increased energy efficiency, improved indoor air quality, and reduced carbon emissions.
- Need for frequent repairs: If an air conditioner is showing need for frequent repair especially when those repairs get progressively more expensive, it is a sign that it is time for a replacement. Though it may cost more money for new air conditioning installation upfront, it saves money by eliminating the need for continuously costly repair.
- Temperature inconsistencies:An air conditioner with temperature inconsistencies even after repaircan beanother sign for replacement.
Air Conditioner Repair and Installation Services in Connecticut
If your air conditioner is not responding to repairs or is aging, then contact Bruni & Campisi Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning. We have been providing air conditioning repair and installation services for more than 35 years throughout Westchester County and Yonkers in New York, Stamford and Greenwich in Connecticut. Call us at 914.269.6760 (NY) and 203.413.5533 (CT). We are available 24 hours at your service.
Air conditioning can cause problem anytime, any day. It is good to treat your air conditioning the moment you encounter any minor problems. The following slide shows the various causes and signs of an emergency air conditioning repair need. Bruni & Campisi provide emergency services in Westchester. To know more, call 914.269.6760 (NY) and 203.413.5533 (CT).
As summer once again approaches, it is time to consider methods in which to keep yourself and your family cool throughout the season. Not only are these temperatures uncomfortable, but they can become dangerous as the thermometer soars. There are a number of options when it comes to installing air conditioning in townhouses and condominiums, and air conditioning contractors suggest exploring your options to discover which one is the best fit for you.