Frozen Pipe and Burst Pipe Repair Services by Bruni & Campisi Plumbing
At Bruni & Campisi, we offer extensive frozen pipe and burst pipe repair services. We understand that the cold season comes with various unexpected emergencies, which is why our licensed and insured plumbers help you take preventive measures and conduct seasonal maintenance to avoid and manage frozen pipes. If the unexpected does occur, we offer emergency services to ensure the issue is dealt with promptly.
Understanding the Causes of Frozen Pipes in Residential and Commercial Buildings
Pipes can freeze when temperatures drop below 20 degrees Fahrenheit and they are exposed to the cold air for a prolonged period. The water that runs through the pipes expands and puts immense pressure on them, which can lead to cracks or breaking. While frozen pipes can burst, that is not always the case. They have an increased chance of bursting when exposed to below-freezing temperatures, but that can be avoided when you take the proper precautions.
Pipe freezing commonly occurs in these areas:
- Unheated spaces, such as basements, attics, crawl spaces or garages.
- Along the cabinets and exterior walls.
Preventive Measures to Avoid Frozen and Burst Pipes in Winter
Frozen pipes do more than interfere with the water supply — they can burst and wreak havoc on your property when left unaddressed. With effective frozen pipe prevention and repair, you can avoid severe damage and safeguard your pipes and home. Here are some preventive measures you can take:
- Insulate pipes: Add insulation to pipes as extra protection from the freezing temperatures.
- Open cabinet doors: Keep your thermostat steady, and open bathroom and kitchen cabinets so the warm air circulates the pipework.
- Let the faucet drip: Allow small trickles to run — this will create a consistent flow of water that can prevent freezing.
- Seal cracks: Seal and caulk any openings around the pipes and walls that could allow cold air to seep in and freeze the pipes.
Navigating Frozen Pipes: Do's and Don'ts
You may be tempted to act fast when you realize your pipes are already frozen, but knowing what you can and cannot do is crucial to avoid escalating the situation.
- Do not attempt thawing frozen pipes with a blowtorch, open flames, propane torches or other flame appliances.
- Do not use electric or gas heaters.
- Do call a professional.
Emergency Services for Frozen and Burst Pipe Repairs
A frozen or burst pipe requires immediate attention to prevent further damage. When you notice any issues with your pipes, turn to the licensed and insured plumbing experts from Bruni & Campisi. We offer support 24/7, all year round, and our team is available to assist you with emergencies. Our plumbers are skilled at dealing with various plumbing services efficiently, including repairing burst pipes. With us, you can always trust that help is on the way whenever needed.
Seasonal Maintenance to Prevent Frozen Pipes
Regular maintenance is crucial for preventing frozen and burst pipes. With our seasonal maintenance services, we can help you reduce the risk of frozen pipes and the extensive damage they can cause. We take the necessary precautions to safeguard your pipes, ensuring year-round protection for your home.
Schedule an appointment today.