Air conditioning maintenance is extremely important. If you want your air conditioning at its best performance, then regularly check and clean your air conditioning. Maintaining your air conditioning will prevent future problems and unwanted costs.
When performing maintenance on an air conditioning system there are five important things to check:
- Check the filters and indoor coil: Remove the air filters and clean them. Spray the filters on both sides with a kitchen antiseptic spray and then rinse with warm water. Remove dust built up on the filters.
- Check and clean the coil and air outlets on the outdoor unit: Remove obstructions around the outdoor unit to improve air flow. Wipe down the air outlet on the front of the system. Check that you get good air flow through the system and that the coil is free of obstructions.
- 3.Check for good air flow from both indoor and outdoor units: Ensure you have plenty of airflow from the indoor unit. Poor airflow is a good indicator of a blocked coil or failing fan motor. If your air conditioner is struggling to output a reasonable amount of air, then it may be time to schedule a professional service.
- Check for signs of rust or corrosion: If your air conditioner is starting to rust or show signs of corrosion, then consider fixing it immediately. Minor rust caused from scratches can simply be painted over with a waterproof steel paint. Major rust or corrosion will require a professional to service the equipment.
- Check your system on both cooling and heating modes: Check your system on both cooling and heating modes. If your air conditioner fails to switch between the two different modes, then it is usually a good indicator of a fault with the reversing valve which will require repair by a professional.
Air Conditioning Maintenance Company
Westchester County, Yonkers, New York, Stamford and Greenwich, Connecticut
Bruni & Campisi is a licensed, insured and certified air conditioning contractor. We have been serving in this area since 1979. Our trustworthy and highly experienced technicians will work diligently to meet your needs. While performing maintenance service,our technicians makes sure to follow air conditioning maintenance checklists. We have a fully stocked fleet of radio dispatched service trucks ready 24/7 at your service. Call 914.229.2809 (NY) and 203.413.5533 (CT).