Central Air vs. Ductless A/C: Which Is Best for You?
When choosing a new heating and cooling system or replacing an old one, it’s essential to know which option best suits your home. Central air and ductless systems both offer a unique set of benefits to a home, and learning about each one can help you make an informed decision.
What Is Central Air?
Central air is an HVAC system that can circulate cool and warm air (depending on the type of system) in your home through supply and returns ducts. The system uses a thermostat to control the temperature and ductwork to circulate air.
What Is Ductless Air?
A ductless air conditioner and heating system, or ductless mini-splits, cools and warms a single room or several rooms in your home without using traditional ductwork.
The Difference Between Central and Ductless Air
A central air system and ductless mini-splits both distribute warm and cool air inside the home. The main difference is that ductless mini-splits do not require any ducts. They can also be separately adjusted in each room using remotes, while central air is adjusted using a single thermostat.
Pros of Central Air
Are you looking to install central air to heat and cool your home? Here are the pros and cons of this traditional HVAC system.
The pros of central air include:
- Lower upfront cost: Most homes already have existing ductwork, making installing central air less expensive.
- Air filtration: Ducted systems are excellent at filtering allergens and dust. They also integrate easily with most air quality products.
- Consistency: Central air systems provide consistent heating and cooling for the entire home.
Pros and Cons of Ductless Air
If you want a more energy-efficient option, mini-splits may be the perfect solution. Consider the pros and cons of ductless air to ensure this system is right for your home.
Ductless air comes with several benefits, including:
- Efficiency: Ductless systems are energy-efficient, and some systems can qualify for additional rebates & incentives from your utility company.
- Temperature control: Do you have a room that tends to get colder or warmer than another? You can easily manage the temperature of each room or space in your home.
- No ductwork: Installing ductwork is not required, which is perfect for new home additions and rooms like garages or attics.
Install the Right Heating and Cooling System for Your Home
At Bruni & Campisi, we install both central air and ductless mini-splits. Our installation process always starts with free consultation with our Comfort Advisor who will walk you through your options for a new or replacement system. Together you will take into consideration your budget, lifestyle, home size & layout. They will help find the perfect solution for your home!
All Bruni & Campisi Heating or Cooling (HVAC) installs come with a one-year labor warranty and a complimentary Gold Maintenance Membership for peace of mind. Our licensed and insured technicians are here to help you stay cool in the summer and warm on those long winter nights.
Ready to install a new HVAC system? Schedule an appointment with us today.