Here in the New York and Connecticut areas, strong summer storms often result in power outages. A potent gust of wind can cause a branch to slam onto a utility line and leave your home without electricity for hours at a time.
If you’re on the fence about whether you should buy a generator for your home, there are some situations that favor owning a residential generator you might want to take into consideration. Let’s examine a few of these situations to determine whether they’re likely to affect you and your family.
Reasons To Own a Backup Generator
The team here at Bruni & Campisi thought up a few pretty sound reasons for purchasing a backup power generator, including:
- Generators for Medical Equipment: If you or a member of your family relies on electric-powered medical equipment, a backup power generator is essential to ensure its continued, smooth operation.
- Generators for Food Safety: If a really strong storm hits and causes extensive damage to your neighborhood, your utility power might be out for a while. Should this happen, perishable food in your refrigerator will spoil. If a few days of restaurant take-out isn’t financially feasible, you’ll want to think about getting a generator to keep your food fresh and edible as your utility company restores power.
- Generators for Data Safety: If your home’s IT system relies on a constant power source to maintain the integrity of your data, you’ll want to consider investing in a power generator equipped with an automatic transfer switch that can instantly transfer power once utilities fail.
- Generators for Sump Pumps: A strong summer storm that brings with it massive amounts of rain can spell trouble for your home’s basement. If your home is outfitted with a sump pump, you’ll want to invest in a generator to ensure water is being kept out of places it shouldn’t be.
- Generators for Peace of Mind: You should feel comfortable in your own home. If a storm knocks out your utility power, you may have to endure unpleasant weather conditions, a disengaged security system and the challenge of navigating your rooms without the aid of light. A backup power generator can provide you and your family with a sense of normalcy as utilities are restored to your home.
Bruni & Campisi: Your New York Metropolitan Area Generator Experts
If you live in Westchester County, NY, Greenwich, CT, Stamford, CT or the surrounding areas and are interested in outfitting your home with a generator or are in need of generator repair, contact us here at Bruni & Campisi today.
We are a Better Business Bureau-accredited company that has been trusted by communities throughout the New York metropolitan area to provide outstanding craftsmanship and caring customer service for nearly 40 years. Having a generator you can rely on during storms is a smart way to protect your family and investments and maintain electric power when utilities are not available. We are happy to help provide generator services to ensure your home is ready to handle power outages.