5 Ways to Conserve Energy in Your Home
If you want to help protect the environment and save on electric bills at the same time, you must ensure that your home is energy-efficient. This is why it’s important to perform a home energy audit. You may not know it yet, but your appliances may be using more energy — and therefore, costing you more money — than you think.
Essentials of Performing a Home Energy Audit
For a thorough and accurate assessment, it’s best to hire professionals who provide energy conservation services. When they conduct an audit, they assess your home’s energy consumption with equipment such as infrared cameras, blower doors, etc. These tools can detect problems like faulty insulation and air leaks that the naked eye can’t perceive.
Contractors also evaluate ways to lower energy consumption, but the findings of an audit would be useless if you don’t do your part. Contractors can only make recommendations; you have to implement them. When it comes to your home, you can do a lot to improve efficiency, such as
1) Repairing leaking faucets — According to U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), a faucet that drips once per minute wastes 34 gallons a year.
2) Adding insulation — Insulated walls keep in heat better than non-insulated ones.
3) Cleaning furnace filters — A clean furnace filter improves indoor air quality and keeps your furnace running smoothly.
4) Running the ceiling fan in reverse — A ceiling fan running in the opposite direction circulates heat faster inside a room.
5) Doing the laundry in big batches — Less water is used when you do a big load of laundry all at once, as opposed to doing small piles of laundry several times.
Still, the first thing you need to do is to get a home energy audit so that you’d know exactly what part of your home needs immediate attention.
Contact Home Energy Audit Professionals for Energy Conservation Services
If you’re looking for energy conservation services in the Westchester, Greenwich, and Stamford area, you can’t go wrong with Bruni & Campisi. We’ve been around since 1979, servicing homes around the clock to address all plumbing, heating, air conditioning, geothermal, and energy conservation needs. Contact us at today to learn more about how we will help you conserve energy in your home and save your hard earned money.